Thursday 9 January 2014

New Kid on the Block: West Elm



The best thing about meeting my accountant is that he is based near the lovely homeware shops on Tottenham Court Road. A little wander round after our meeting can often take the edge of things. And this year, it was an opportunity to visit West Elm, the New York store that has just come over to London.






The ceramics are so vivid and pretty, but still formal enough for entertaining.




The set-ups are gorgeous and showcase some easy-to-live-with styling. I love the mix of contemporary with retro mid-century pieces.



Objets are not always easy to come by; I like these golden branch statuettes.








Antique-finished vases are available in a number of different shapes and sizes: I'm loving the large amphora for my fireplace or maybe even my office. Wave!




The linen guest towels just need the Sleeping With The Enemy treatment and then  - perfect!





This cushion pattern is so elegant and so workable.





It's great to see somewhere on this side of the Atlantic selling the sort of textiles and soft furnishings that often feature on American blogs like La Dolce Vita.


I know it's not the best photo - by this point, I was getting funny looks, and it was time to leave.









No comments:

Post a Comment